The Schedule of Events
12noon - The Event Starts
12:30pm - Santa arrives with a Parade
Santa will arrive by boat and then his parade will come from the Pier to the green in front of the marquees.
12.45pm to 3pm - Come and meet Santa
Santa will be in the marquee, ready to meet all the boys and girls and hear what they wante for Christmas.
12.45pm - Fancy Feet
This wonderful, Arran dance group will be performing in the marquee.
2pm - Comedy & Magic for the Kids
Top comic magician Chris Dinwoodie will give a special show for kids at the performance area in the marquee.
3pm - Mrs Claus & Friends
Songs, games and stories. A special treat for the kids at the performance area in the marquee.
4pm - Comedy & Magic for Adults & Kids
Top comic magician Chris Dinwoodie will give a show both adults and kids at the performance area in the marquee
5pm - The Heather Queen will light the Lamlash Christmas Tree
On Lamlash Green opposite the Co-op, with live music from Arran Brass
5:45pm - Raffle Winners Announced
The winners of Santa’s Raffle will be announced on Lamlash Green
6pm - Glenisle Christmas Tree Spectacular
The lighting of the mammoth Glenisle Christmas tree was accompanied by music, lights and fireworks
6:15pm - Live music from The Vests
Let’s get the party started. In the Glenisle marquee. Food, drink and licensed bar till 9pm
7pm - Chris Dinwoodie - Comedy & Magic
Family friendly set aimed more at the adults this time. in the marquee. Food, drink and licensed bar till 9pm
7:45pm to 9pm - Live music from The Vests
Music, food, drink and licensed bar till 9pm
Christmas Tree Spectacular
Music, lights and fireworks join together to produce a spectacular celebration of the lighting of the mammoth Glenisle Christmas tree.
The light and music show is designed and conceived by
the Glenisle Hotel. The firework show is designed and executed by Midnight Storm of Glasgow.
Santa was here
Santa himself flew in from the North Pole especially to be here. He arrived with a wonderful parade
from Lamlash Pier to the green.
He then met all the children to hear what they want for Christmas.
Mrs Claus and Friends
This year Mrs Claus was meant to be coming, too. But, she was sick in bed on the day and so had to stay tucked up at the North Pole.
However, her friends the Snowman and two of Santa's elves came along and they sang songs, told stories and entertained the children.
Chris Dinwoodie: Magic & Comedy
Woody the magician is the most popular comedy-magician on the Scottish comedy circuit. Having performed on TV, Radio & in front of sell out audiences all over Scotland, he came to Santa's Sparkle to present his unique style of comedy and magic.
His show is not about pulling rabbits out of hats or cheesy jokes. It's a mixture of Kevin Bridges humour with Dynamo style magic. It's a show that will leave you equally amazed and entertained.
- 5 x Scottish Close-up Magic Champion
- First Scottish magician to pass The Magic Circle exam with over 90%
- International magic champion
Live Music from the Vests
Imagine a mix of Roxy Music, Rolling Stones, Van Morrison and Bowie
mixed in with Cameo and Counting Crows and you’re on your way to
rocking out with ... The Vests !!
The Vests are regulars on the live scene -- in
Glassford anyway at the local pub -- have played as part of the Race For
Life relay event in East Kilbride and are now appearing overseas.
They entertained in the Glenisle after the fireworks.
Segways from Arran Adventure@ Auchrannie
Arran Adventure@ Auchrannie have Arran's only fleet of Segway X2's; these rugged yet easy to manage off-road machines are the best segways available.
The machines have 5 inbuilt gyroscopes, 2 accelerometers and motors that work to keep itself upright and balanced, very technical and very clever which make them a unique experience to travel on.
Taster sessions were available on the tennis courts.
The Christmas Market
The best of Arran was on sale in the Christmas Market. Local craftsmen and women and a whole variety of Arran traders came from across the island to tempt visitors with treasures that you just can't find on the mainland.
- Isle of Arran Distillery - selling the island's own, award-winning whiskies
- Island Cheese - local Arran cheeses, Arran deli & giftware
- Cailleach's Cauldron - kinitwear, bags,hand-dyed tie dyes: silk scarves, teas & t-shirts - all made locally
- Linda's-Pretty-Presents - Handmade Xmas wreaths, baby crib gifts, nappy cakes & hand knitting
- The Wee Gem Shop - handmade jewwllery & gifts
- Charisma Lane - Hand-made candles, soap, bath products, hand-knitted goods, hand-made jewelery & more
- Seaspray Designs - Hand-made jewellery, hand-decorated Christmas tree ornaments, hand-knitted items
- The Boat House - Toys & Christmas Gifts
- With Love from Arran - Fabric crafts, willow wreaths
- Arran Reflections - Scented Candles
- Arran Studio Shop
- Two Beaders Beading - Jewelry & Beadwork
- Arran Rocks - Arran T-Shirts
- Zoku of Arran - jewellery
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- Arran Little Party Co. - Christmas-themed gifts: gift bags & mugs
- Eleanor's Flowers - Christmas wreaths, flowers & plants
- Breagha Holistic Beauty - Treatments (acupressure chair massage / indean head massage / threading)
Festive Food & Drink
All food and drink was hand-prepared from the finest local ingredients by the
Glenisle Restaurant's own chefs in the hotel and on the barbecue on the green.
The choice included...
- Hamburgers made by Arran Butchers from Scottish beef
- Hot Dogs from local Arran sausages
- Specialty barbecue
- Vegetarian options available in the Glenisle Bistro
- Home-made mince pies, shortbread & tablet
- The Glenisle's notorious mulled wine
- Speciality Christmas Coffees in the Glenisle
- Arran beers
- Arran whisky
- plus a full range of soft drinks
All meats were supplied by Arran Butchers
All buns and rolls were supplied by Wooleys, Brodick
Who made it all possible...
Santa's Sparke is a great, big, fun Christmas party but, of course, it takes a lot of work and so many people and organisations
contributed their time and effort to make it a special event for the entire island.
Santa's Sparkle was sponsored by the Glenisle Hotel in association with
and Santa Claus.
With Special Thanks to...
Neil Young Joinery
James of Arran
The Drift Inn
Lamlash Primary School,
Ocean Breeze RiB Tours
, Russel & Elspeth Cheshire,
Anne & Paul Smith,
Sherie Walker, John Houston,
David & Emma Ingham,
Brenda & Jim Stewart,
all the staff at the Glenisle Hotel and everyone who helped out. The event
wouldn't have been possible without them.