The Schedule of Events
12noon - The Event Starts
12:30pm - Santa arrives with a Parade
Santa will arrive by boat and then his parade will come from the Pier to the green in front of the marquees.
12.45pm to 3pm - Come and meet Santa
Santa will be in the marquee, ready to meet all the boys and girls and hear what they wante for Christmas.
12.45pm - Fancy Feet
This wonderful, Arran dance group will be performing in the marquee.
2pm - Comedy & Magic for the Kids
Top comic magician Chris Dinwoodie will give a special show for kids at the performance area in the marquee.
3pm - Mrs Claus & Friends
Songs, games and stories. A special treat for the kids at the performance area in the marquee.
4pm - Comedy & Magic for Adults & Kids
Top comic magician Chris Dinwoodie will give a show both adults and kids at the performance area in the marquee
5pm - The Heather Queen will light the Lamlash Christmas Tree
On Lamlash Green opposite the Co-op, with live music from Arran Brass
5:45pm - Raffle Winners Announced
The winners of Santa’s Raffle will be announced on Lamlash Green
6pm - Glenisle Christmas Tree Spectacular
The lighting of the mammoth Glenisle Christmas tree was accompanied by music, lights and fireworks
6:15pm - Live music from The Vests
Let’s get the party started. In the Glenisle marquee. Food, drink and licensed bar till 9pm
7pm - Chris Dinwoodie - Comedy & Magic
Family friendly set aimed more at the adults this time. in the marquee. Food, drink and licensed bar till 9pm
7:45pm to 9pm - Live music from The Vests
Music, food, drink and licensed bar till 9pm
Christmas Tree Spectacular
Music, lights and fireworks join together to produce a spectacular celebration of the lighting of the mammoth Glenisle Christmas tree.
The light and music show is designed and conceived by
the Glenisle Hotel. The firework show is designed and executed by Midnight Storm of Glasgow.
Here is the Christmas Tree show from 2014.
Santa will be here
Santa himself will be flying in from the North Pole especially to be here. He will be at the head of a wonderful parade
from Lamlash Pier to the green.
He will then look forward to meeting all the children to hear what they want for Christmas.
Mrs Claus and Friends
This year Mrs Claus will be coming, too. She just loves to entertain the children with stories, songs and activities.
Her friends the Snowman and Santa's Elf will also be coming with her all the way from the North Pole
and Santa's Elf.
Chris Dinwoodie: Magic & Comedy
2pm, 4pm & 7pm in the marquee
Woody the magician is the most popular comedy-magician on the Scottish comedy circuit. Having performed on TV, Radio & in front of sell out audiences all over Scotland, he's now coming to Arran to present his unique style of comedy and magic.
His show is not about pulling rabbits out of hats or cheesy jokes. It's a mixture of Kevin Bridges humour with Dynamo style magic. It's a show that will leave you equally amazed and entertained.
- 5 x Scottish Close-up Magic Champion
- First Scottish magician to pass The Magic Circle exam with over 90%
- International magic champion
Live Music from the Vests
6:15pm & 8pm in the marquee. Bar and BBQ open until 9pm
Imagine a mix of Roxy Music, Rolling Stones, Van Morrison and Bowie
mixed in with Cameo and Counting Crows and you’re on your way to
rocking out with ... The Vests !!
The Vests are regulars on the live scene -- in
Glassford anyway at the local pub -- have played as part of the Race For
Life relay event in East Kilbride and are now appearing overseas.
Segways from Arran Adventure@ Auchrannie
Arran Adventure@ Auchrannie have Arran's only fleet of Segway X2's; these rugged yet easy to manage off-road machines are the best segways available.
The machines have 5 inbuilt gyroscopes, 2 accelerometers and motors that work to keep itself upright and balanced, very technical and very clever which make them a unique experience to travel on.
Taster sessions available from the tennis courts. £5 for 10mins.
10 years and above ONLY.
(subject to weather conditions)
Fun, Games and lots more...
Win great prizes with these fun games...
- Duck Pond - sponsored by Scotland's Air Ambulance
- Bag Toss - sponsored by the Arran Coastal Rowing Club
- Tombola - sponsored by Whiting Bay Improvements
The Christmas Market
The best of Arran will be on sale in the Christmas Market. Local craftsmen and women and a whole variety of Arran traders are coming from across the island to tempt visitors with treasures that you just can't find on the mainland.
- Isle of Arran Distillery - selling the island's own, award-winning whiskies
- Island Cheese - local Arran cheeses, Arran deli & giftware
- Kirkend Nursery - home-made jams from their own fruit plus a range of candies and sweets
- Cailleach's Cauldron - kinitwear, bags,hand-dyed tie dyes: silk scarves, teas & t-shirts - all made locally
- Linda's-Pretty-Presents - Handmade Xmas wreaths, baby crib gifts, nappy cakes & hand knitting
- The Wee Gem Shop - handmade jewwllery & gifts
- Charisma Lane - Hand-made candles, soap, bath products, hand-knitted goods, hand-made jewelery & more
- Seaspray Designs - Hand-made jewellery, hand-decorated Christmas tree ornaments, hand-knitted items
- The Boat House - Toys & Christmas Gifts
- With Love from Arran - Fabric crafts, willow wreaths
- Arran Reflections - Scented Candles
- Arran Studio Shop
- Two Beaders Beading - Jewelry & Beadwork
- Arran Rocks - Arran T-Shirts
- Zoku of Arran - jewellery
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution
- Arran Little Party Co. - Christmas-themed gifts: gift bags & mugs
- Eleanor's Flowers - Christmas wreaths, flowers & plants
Festive Food & Drink
All food and drink is hand-prepared from the finest local ingredients by the
Glenisle Restaurant's own chefs in the hotel and on the barbecue on the green.
- Hamburgers made by Arran Butchers from Scottish beef
- Hot Dogs from local Arran sausages
- Specialty barbecue
- Vegetarian options available in the Glenisle Bistro
- Home-made mince pies, shortbread & tablet
- The Glenisle's notorious mulled wine
- Speciality Christmas Coffees in the Glenisle
- Arran beers
- Arran whisky
- plus a full range of soft drinks
All meats are supplied by Arran Butchers
All buns and rolls are supplied by Wooleys, Brodick